$50,000 Dream Kitchen Makeover
No purchase necessary. Starting on October 6, 2010, enter in one of the following ways:
(1) Print your name, address, telephone number and age on an official entry form. Drop your entry into a ballot box at any participating Home Hardware, Home Hardware Building Centre or Home Building Centre or mail to: $50,000 Dream Kitchen Makeover Contest, c/o 283 Northfield Drive East, Waterloo, Ontario N2J 4G8, or courier to: $50,000 Dream Kitchen Makeover Contest, c/o 283 Northfield Drive East, Waterloo, Ontario N2J 4G8. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Each mail-in entry must be in a separate envelope with sufficient paid postage.
Or (2) Enter online at www.homehardware.ca. Click on the "enter" button and an entry form will appear. Fully complete the entry form, including name, address, telephone number, age and email address and submit your entry form on-line. Current subscribers as of the beginning of the Contest Period or persons who subscribe to www.homehardware.ca during the Contest Period will receive an email describing this contest and will need to click on the, "Yes, I want to enter" icon to enter the contest during the Contest Period. By clicking this icon, subscribers will obtain a maximum of one entry into the Contest. Current and new subscribers who receive an email describing this contest and forward it to a friend or friends will receive one (1) additional entry into the contest for each unique friend they have referred who is not already a www.homehardware.ca subscriber and who signs up to receive future subscriptions from www.homehardware.ca on or before the end of the Contest Period. "Contest Period" means October 6th, 2010 to store closing December 12th, 2010 or otherwise no later than 11:59 PM EST on December 12th, 2010.
- Contest Eligibility and Close Date :The contest is open only to residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside, and excludes all employees (current and retired) of Home Hardware Stores Limited ("Contest Sponsors"), their advertising and promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, and agents and all those with whom they are domiciled. To be eligible, entries must be received in ballot boxes by store closing on December 12, 2010 or otherwise no later than 11:59 PM EST on December 12, 2010, the contest close date ("Contest Closing Date").
- There is one Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of a Home Hardware Gift Card totalling $50,000 (CDN). The Gift Card is valid at all Home Hardware Stores across Canada. The Gift Card has no value until scanned at the register and once presented to cashier, the available balance will be applied towards winner's� purchase and is subject to the following terms: (i) If lost, stolen or destroyed, card cannot be replaced without receipt (being Home Hardware letter confirming winner has won the prizing); (ii) Card cannot be redeemed for cash or applied to winner's Homecard or winners Home Hardware in-house credit account; and (iii) card does not expire and has no service fees ("Terms"). Winner consents to�use of winner and/or winner's family members or members of winner's household and their respective names, voices, comments, likenesses and images as captured in any medium (including but not limited to filming) including but not limited to winner, winner's home including winners kitchen for use in perpetuity by Sponsor and it's agents and affiliates throughout Canada in any and all media including broadcast and the internet and winner must agree to sign, and have his/her family/household members (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) sign the appropriate release documentation to give effect to this consent.
- There are 10 Second Prize available to be won, consisting of one Kuraidori Gift Set (including the knife set and cookware set), item numbers #4137-066 and 4030-855. Models are subject to availability. Approximate retail value is $257.94 (CDN) each.� Winner will be required to pick up the Second Prizes from the Home Hardware store closest to the winner's home. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
- There are 100 Third Prizes available to be won, each consisting of one� Beauti-Tone paint product(s) awarded in the form of a $75 (CDN) promotional gift certificate from Home Hardware.� Promotional Gift Certificate expires on February 29, 2012.� Winners will be required to pick up the Third �Prizes from the Home Hardware closest to the winner's home. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Prizes may not be exactly as shown in contest publicity or promotional materials. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to shall be the responsibility of winner.
- Grand Prize Draw: A random draw will be conducted at 1:00 pm ET on January 12, 2011, in Waterloo, Ontario, from among all eligible entries (ballot, mail-in and online) received to determine the prize winners. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of entries received.
- Contacting Eligible Winners: Contest organizers will attempt to contact the eligible winners by telephone, mail or e-mail within 10 business days following the draw. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must first have complied with the rules and correctly answered, unaided, a time limited skill-testing question to be administered by ballot format, e-mail or telephone by the contest judging organization at a prearranged mutually convenient time. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within 14 business days of the draw or if contacted does not claim his or her prize on or before date and time specified by the Contest Sponsors, or does not meet all of the contest conditions, another entry will be selected from all remaining eligible entries, per region where applicable and the contest organizers shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility of any nature and kind to any previously selected entrant in this regard.
- Prize Substitution: Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Contest Sponsors reserve the rights, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize(s) awarded with prize(s) of equivalent or greater value for any reason.
- General Conditions: Successful entrants will be instructed how to claim their prize. Prior to being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to sign a standard release form confirming compliance with and agreement to be bound by the contest rules and release of Contest Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, dealers and related entities, as well as directors, officers, dealers, partners, partnerships principals, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, advertisers and employees from any and all liability arising from the acceptance of the prize as awarded. The decisions of the Contest Sponsors and contest judging organization is final. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. Void where prohibited.
- Publicity: By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the decision of the Sponsors and the contest judging organization, and consents to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, photograph, image and voice without payment or compensation, in any publicity or advertising in any medium carried out by Contest Sponsors. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors and will not be returned.
- Termination: Contest Sponsors reserve the right, subject to applicable law to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend this contest in whole or in part if for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, technical failure, or computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the contest without prior notice. In such event, a winner may be selected by randomly drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension. The right is reserved to terminate, modify or withdraw this contest at any time without prior notice with approval from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- Hold Harmless: By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, dealers and related entities, as well as directors, officers, dealers, partners, partnerships principals, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, advertisers and employees from any liability in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of a prize. In particular, the Contest Sponsors will not be responsible if for any reason the prize winner is not satisfied with his/her prize. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor.
- Liability: Under no circumstances, including negligence shall the Contest Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, dealers and related entities, as well as directors, officers, dealers, partners, partnerships principals, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, advertisers and employees be liable for: any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this contest, the prizes awarded, or participants' or any other persons' computer system(s); lost, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or late entries which will be void; or incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical failure or error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data, transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website or any other online communication problems or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified or altered are void. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of laws and may be subject to remedies and damages, including criminal prosecution. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- Language Discrepancy: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and the French language version of these official contest rules, the Engish version shall prevail, govern and control.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be mae, the Contest Sponsors reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
- Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programme, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- The Contest Sponsors shall not be responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official rules, the announcement of winner, distribution of the prize or any technical malfunctions.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Personal Information. Unless entrants otherwise indicate, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this contest will be used solely by the Contest Sponsors for the administration of the contest in connection with any publicity relating to the contest