This salad embraces everything good about summer, with blueberries as a subtle addition to this savoury dish.
- 4 ears fresh corn (about 3 cups/740 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) chopped green onion
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped candied ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove corn kernels from cob. In a medium pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté corn until tender and bright (about 3 minutes). Then remove to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss remaining ingredients and season to taste. Salad can be prepared up to a day ahead and chilled until ready to serve.