Makes about 2 1⁄2 dozen cookies
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 125 mL
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed 125 mL
- 1⁄4 cup sugar 60 mL
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 11⁄4 cups all-purpose flour 310 mL
- 2 tbsp cornstarch 30 mL
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1⁄2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 cup chocolate chips 250 mL
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175˚C) and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease the sheets.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, and stir until evenly blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 11⁄2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.