Designed for complete ease of installation, the JELD-WEN® Easy Install® door is quick and effortless to mount. It's reversible too - you can install it to open left or right, whichever you prefer. Only a hammer, screwdriver and level are required. All you need are a few nails and shims, and basic do-it-yourself abilities. The detailed instructions guide you from start to finish. The result is a timelessly elegant door, manufactured with care that you installed like a professional in no time at all.
The Easy Install kit consists of a door predrilled for a handle, two side door jambs, a header jamb, a door stop, two hinges and an instruction booklet for detailed installation.
Step By Step
- After determining if you want a left or right opening, lie the door flat with the hinge side down, and following the instructions, assemble the unit.
- Install the preassembled door into the opening and temporarily attach it near the top of the hinge jamb. Using a level or plumb line, make sure the door jamb is completely vertical by inserting shims between it and the wall framing as required.
- Adjust the header jamb and strike jamb to leave a gap of approximately 1/8" between the door and the frame. Shim where necessary.
- Attach the remaining door stop to the frame.
A brad nailer shoots brad nails (small, thin finishing nails), accurately into place. The pneumatic nailer uses compressed air from a compressor to shoot the nails.
Light and easy to handle, it's ideal for installing window and door casings and trim, hard-toreach and blind spots and cabinet work. Another major advantage is that it allows you to work quickly and accurately without clamps.
The Makita 10" Dual Sliding Compound Mitre Saw ensures stable, accurate and vibration-free cutting of trim pieces such as door casings and moulding.
Built-in laser highlights cut line for accurate cuts. Mitre cuts 52 degrees right and 47 degrees left and the smooth, easy slide system allows cross cuts up to 12 inches wide. 1347-145
What You'll Need
Your Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Building Centre have an excellent selection of JELD-WEN Easy Install® doors available with MDF or Finger-Jointed Pine frames:
- 18 x 80: 2885-119/121/199/201
- 20 x 80: 2885-127/129/209/203
- 22 x 80: 2885-135/137/215/217
- 24 x 80: 2885-143/145/223/225
- 26 x 80: 2885-151/153/231/233
- 28 x 80: 2885-161/167/237/241
- 30 x 80: 2885-169/247/249
- 32 x 80: 2885-175/177/255/257
- 34 x 80: 2885-183/185/263/265
- 36 x 80: 2885-191/193/271/273
- hammer 1030-308
- screwdriver 1058-169
- level 1036-335
- Makita compressor with brad nailer kit 1282-918
- Makita 10" Dual Sliding Compound Mitre Saw 1347-145