20kg Calcium Chloride
QUIKRETE Item #5548-231 Model #DOWFLAKE-20
Select a Home Store to see Local Pricing
Not all items shown are stocked in store but can be special ordered. Please contact your local Home Store for more information.
Sign Up & Save
Sign up for Home Hardware emails and get exclusive online savings, sneak peeks at money-saving flyers, email-only promotions and much more.Sign Up Now
- Calcium Chloride
- Possesses several unique properties that make it the ideal choice for dust control, de-icing and concrete acceleration applications
- When applied to unpaved roadways, parking lots, walkways and golf cart paths, it reduces dust by continuously absorbing moisture from the air, keeping the surface slightly damp and binding dust particles to larger aggregate
- The heat releasing property works to melt snow and ice faster than rock salt, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, urea or blends of these products
- The addition of it to concrete results in higher earlier strength, faster setting time, improved workability and uniform cure for concrete
- Other approved applications such as tire weighting and brine refrigeration, require putting the material into solution
- 83-87% calcium chloride is an odorless, flaked product
- Meets ASTM D98 and AASHTO M144 requirements for calcium chloride purity
- ASTM classification is "Type S; Grade 1, Class A"
- Image may not be exact