When you want a finish that produces a soft, natural look and brings out the nuances of the wood grain, look to Circa 1850 Tung Oil. Extracted from the nut of the oriental tung tree, Tung Oil has been used for centuries to protect and beautify wood. Circa 1850 Tung Oil penetrates deep into the pores of wood to strengthen the wood fibres. It provides the low-lustre, hand-rubbed finish you’d expect from a master craftsman. Circa 1850 Tung Oil protects wood from accidental spills and water marks.
- A natural oil extracted from the nut of an oriental tree
- Used as waterproofing material in China for centuries before introduced to the Western World
- Just rub a liberal amount of Tung Oil into the stripped surface with a piece of lint-free cloth
- Leave for an hour and apply a second coat, wiping off any excess with a dry cloth
- As the oil soaks into the wood it seals and strengthens the wood fibres for a beautiful low lustre finish that resists stains and moisture
- Coverage: 100 sq. ft./L for the initial coat, and up to 150 sq. ft./L for subsequent coats depending on the type of wood