A horizontal fence does more than just add safety and privacy to your back yard. It will also make your yard look bigger, as the linear boards make any space they enclose appear longer and larger. This makes horizontal fencing a great choice for homeowners with smaller yards. The horizontal design also creates a more elegant, contemporary feel, a real bonus if you’re going for an upscale backyard aesthetic. Construction can be a bit trickier than vertical fencing, as the boards must be installed end-to-end and properly aligned, but the end result is well worth any additional time. Five-foot and six-foot height options are available, and the solid board structure provides excellent privacy and safety for kids, pets and personal property. Home Hardware’s premium pressure-treated wood is one of the most cost-effective fencing options on the market. In addition to offering strong resistance to rot, decay and insects, it’s also easy to work with and extremely long-lasting—often up to 20 years. You can also paint or stain your pressure-treated fence to complement your home’s exterior décor. All Home Hardware Backyard Projects include quality materials, comprehensive plans, detailed cutting & assembly instructions and helpful, expert advice.
- All Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Building Centre Locations
- All structural pressure-treated lumber including fence posts and rails
- All pressure-treated fence boards
- All necessary hardware and fasteners
- Detailed construction plans
- Consultation with a Home Hardware Backyard Projects expert
- Concrete footings
- Medium difficulty level (requires minimum of two people)
- All tool requirements, cutting and assembly are your responsibility
- Strongly recommended: experience reading construction plans and using power tools and hand tools
- Use Home Hardware’s trusted Home Installs Service, or a Home Hardware recommended contractor
- Consult all local building department and by-law requirements before purchase
- Check with local utilities for easements and underground service locations
- **NOTE** Images are for illustration and inspiration purposes only. Finished project may not be exactly as shown. For all projects shown check with your local building official and by-law office before purchase. Special drawings and approvals to suit local municipal by-laws remain the responsibility of the owner. Project pricing may vary due to local conditions, by-laws and building code requirements. Projects include basic materials, fasteners and plans and require some cutting and assembly. Concrete, light fixtures and accessories are not included. Products may not be exactly as shown. Sizes for all products are approximate.
Info & Guides