What You'll Need
- Seaside laminate flooring 2530-185 (we used 3 boxes)
- 4' x 8' sheet of 1/2" plywood (1)
- No More Nails construction adhesive 2032-982
- Weather Shield caulking 2034-346
- caulking gun 2034-025
- 6" casters (pk of 4) 2326-138
- 1/4" x 11/2" zinc hex lag screws (4 pkgs) 2162-126
- Fit laminate boards together to your desired finished width (shown: 391/2"). The length of the table will be the length of your boards (shown: 477/8" long) minus trimming the ends to 45°.
- Cut the ends of the boards to a 45° angle. Also cut the edges of the outer boards to a 45° angle (see drawings on website). This will ensure that the table edges have neat seams.
- Build a plywood frame to fit inside the outer laminate cladding (see drawing on website). Fasten plywood top to frame.
- Trim or sand the edges of the plywood frame by about 1/8" to allow for adhesive along the edges of the frame.
- Cut and install corner gussets to hold the casters.
- Glue and attach laminate boards taking care not to damage edges. Use acrylic caulking in the cut joints. Make the bottom of the laminate flush with the bottom of the plywood frame.
- Attach casters.