Add rope, flange, and a pipe to a basic umbrella stand. Presto! You have a beautiful Hampton-style outdoor accent table.What You'll Need:
- 2" x 8" pine (6')
- umbrella stand
- 1/2" Manilla twist rope 5461-715
- 1" black metal pipe (30") in length (thread one end; inquire if your Home Hardware does this service)
- black alkyd Rust Coat paint
- black 1" floor flange 3238-231
- power stapler 1072-182
- paint brush 1613-338
- Tabletop (measures 23" round)
- Cut boards into 3' lengths and join with a 3/8" x 1 1/2" loose-tongue joint.
- Glue and clamp.
- Mark centre of table and scribe a 23" circle. Cut circle.
- Round edges with a 3/4" router bit.
- Drill 5/8" hole beside the centre mark at a 30° angle to start rope.
- Insert rope and staple to fasten.
- Tightly wrap the rope around, stapling each side of loop to start, then at 6" intervals.
- Attach pipe flange to bottom of table.
- Paint pipe with Rust Coat and let dry.
- Attach pipe to flange and insert into umbrella stand.
Note: Cut pipe to desired table height: side table 20", standard table 30", bar height 36".