Painting is one of the most effective ways to transform an entire space without breaking the bank. Whether you love the look of soft pastels or lean towards a bolder pop of colour, Colour Specialist Simon Chang shares how to create your space, your way with this year’s paint trends.
Here are the top five paint trends from the Beauti-Tone Paint 2020 Trend Colour Collection:
1. Create warmth – Nothing says comfort like a warm, rich honey hue on your walls. “We live in a stressful world, and it’s easy to bring that stress into our homes after a long day,” Simon explained. “It’s important to create a welcoming environment, and Beauti-Tone Paint’s 2020 Colour of the Year, Honey I’m Home, is like wrapping yourself in a warm hug.”
2. Infuse calmness – Picture a colour as warm as it is cool, as notable as it is subtle – you have blush pink. Transcending the design world, blush creates a meditative and calm space for those who are focused on self-care and relaxation in 2020. Simon also encourages an eclectic approach to blush this year, “You see it in fashion all the time paired with yellow or teal and it looks great. Be experimental!”
3. Promote health and energy – Infuse your home with the colour of health in 2020. Earthy green – being surprisingly versatile – is one of this year’s most loved shades. “Our health is the number one priority these days, and green is emblematic of energy and wellbeing,” said Simon. “It’s a great way to wake-up your décor and add an element of being alive.”
4. Add depth – Want to add a wow-factor? A deep shade of blue will bring endless depth and strength into your space. “The right shade of dark blue adds personality. It’s timeless – a new spin on sturdy and universal,” said Simon. Whether you paint the entire room or simply a feature wall, dark blue is your go-to colour in 2020 for a classic yet modern feel.
5. Use a monochromatic palette – A warm white is the perfect colour for young DIYers who love to change up their colour stories with the seasons. Simon explained, “white walls create a giant canvas. Universally complementing any colour or shade, you have the ability to change an entire room without re-painting. Incorporate colourful throw pillows, lamps, side tables and more for a playful feel.”