Spring has arrived - baby ducks, chicks and rabbits are everywhere! Hold a BLOCK Party and craft a herd of these crafty critters. Crazy, easy and fun to do.What you'll need:
- 2" x 2" pine cut into 2" blocks
- sand paper
- biscuits #20 1261-967
- biscuits #0 1261-949
- black stove pipe wire 5463-107 (chick feet)
- braided wire 2352-723 (bunny whiskers)
- furniture nails 2136-316 (bunny nose)
- drywall compound 1625-860 or Home Wall Repair compound 1625-414
- artist's brushes 8212-463/533, hobby brush set 5712-142
- foam brush 1613-775
- Sharpie pens 5740-530 (for making the face details)
- FlipGripTM 1132-232
- mini hand saw 1128-096
- hot glue gun 2047-145
- paint in colours of your choice
Shown: yellow, white, orange, pink and brown
For the Rabbit:
- Use the mini saw to cut the biscuits to create chicks' and ducks' beaks and ducks' feet.
- Paint all the pieces and let dry.
- Glue biscuits into place with the glue gun.
Use four #20 biscuits: two for the ears and two
for the feet. Nail a furniture nail into place for the nose and wrap braided wire around it to create whiskers. For a fluffy bunny tail, dab on a bit of drywall compound or glue and stick on a few cotton balls.For the Chick:
Use five #0 biscuits: two for the wings, two for the tail, and one with the end cut off for the beak.
To make the feet: (see picture) Create a large loop from stove wire. Twist it together, leaving a length at either end. Cut a loop in the middle to create the feet. Drill a small hole into the bottom of the block leg, place a dab of hot glue on top of the wire and insert the wire into the hole.For the Duck:
Use four #0 biscuits: two for the wings, two for the tail.
Use three #20 biscuits cut in half: two for the feet and one for the beak.
Let your imagination go and create new Block Buddies of your own!