What You'll Need
- 6 x 6 x 8' pressure treated
- 2 x 2 x 8' pine
- galvanized metal valley
- construction adhesive 2030-536
- finishing nails
- sanding block 1061-406
- Krylon® Chalky Finish Paint shown: Colonial Ivory 1720-988, Wheat 1720-992, Slate 1720-983
- Krylon® Natural Wax Coating 1720-995
- Krylon® Dark Brown Wax Coating 1720-996
- Cut 6 x 6 to desired heights for buildings.
- Cut 2 x 2 to desired lengths for chimneys.
- Cut the roofs and chimneys on a compound saw, set at a 45° angle.
- Cut doorways to desired heights and widths by making repetitive cuts on the table saw.
- Cut metal roofs with 1" extra on all sides, and then bend 1/2" under on all edges.
- Bend the middle of the roof over a sharp edge.
- Finish with spray chalky paint and spray wax. Either spray the houses with colour and sand back to reveal wood, or spray with two colours and sand back to reveal first colour.
- Choose the spray wax to give a soft, worn look. Natural wax enhances the colour, the dark wax gives it an aged, antique look.
- Attach roofs with construction adhesive and attach chimneys with finishing nails.
Design, create, and transform with Krylon® Chalky Finish Paint
A unique ultra matte decorative paint for creating custom finishes on furniture and home décor projects. Leave chalky finish, or distress to create a unique look. Apply Wax Coating to enhance distressed appearance and/or buff for a shiny finish. Or, spray Matte Clear Sealer for translucent protection.
Adheres to most furniture and craft surfaces without sanding or priming.
|Before ||After |
Top: Slate 1720-983
Base: Putty 1720-987
Finish: Clear Matte 1720-994
• Classic White 1720-981 • Misty Grey 1720-982
• Slate 1720-983 • Anvil Grey 1720-984
• Paver Grey 1720-985 • Mink 1720-986
• Putty 1720-987 • Colonial Ivory 1720-988
• Waterfall 1720-991 • Wheat 1720-992
• Ultramarine 1720-989
• Morning Sky 1720-990
• Bonnet Pink 1720-993
• Clear Matte 1720-994
• Natural Wax Coating 1720-995
• Dark Brown Wax Coating 1720-996