Simplicity is always the best design. You'll discover similar décor in high-end boutiques, but it's an easy DIY to customize the house with Krylon®
Chalky Finish Paint and materials found at Home Hardware. Definitely a great real estate investment!What You'll NeedTools Materials
- 6 x 6 x 8' pressure treated
- 2 x 2 x 8' pine
- galvanized metal valley
- construction adhesive 2030-536
- finishing nails
- sanding block 1061-406
- Krylon Chalky Finish Paint shown: Colonial Ivory, Wheat , Slate
- Krylon Natural Wax Coating
- Krylon Dark Brown Wax Coating
- Cut 6 x 6 to desired heights for buildings.
- Cut 2 x 2 to desired lengths for chimneys.
- Cut the roofs and chimneys on a compound saw, set at a 45° angle.
- Cut doorways to desired heights and widths by making repetitive cuts on the table saw.
- Cut metal roofs with 1" extra on all sides, and then bend 1/2" under on all edges.
- Bend the middle of the roof over a sharp edge.
- Finish with spray chalky paint and spray wax. Either spray the houses with colour and sand back to reveal wood, or spray with two colours and sand back to reveal first colour.
- Choose the spray wax to give a soft, worn look. Natural wax enhances the colour, the dark wax gives it an aged, antique look.
- Attach roofs with construction adhesive and attach chimneys with finishing nails.
Design, create, and transform with Krylon Chalky Finish Paint
A unique ultra matte decorative paint for creating custom finishes on furniture and home décor projects. Leave chalky finish, or distress to create a unique look. Apply Wax Coating to enhance distressed appearance and/or buff for a shiny finish. Or, spray Matte Clear Sealer for translucent protection.
Adheres to most furniture and craft surfaces without sanding or priming.
|Before ||After |
Finish: Clear Matte 1720-151
• Classic White • Misty Grey
• Slate • Anvil Grey
• Paver Grey • Mink
• Putty • Colonial Ivory
• Waterfall • Wheat
• Ultramarine • Morning Sky
• Bonnet Pink • Clear Matte
• Natural Wax Coating
• Dark Brown Wax Coating