Home Hardware Consumer Research Contest
Official Contest Rules
1. THE CONTEST AND ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is being conducted by Home Hardware Stores Limited (hereinafter referred to as the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins Monday, August 26 at 9:00AM ET and closes Sunday September 9 at 11:59PM ET. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents (and any such person living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not) of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies, its advertising or promotional agencies, employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled), shareholders or agents of Sponsor, the participating stores of Home Hardware, Home Hardware Building Centre, Home Building Centre and Home Furniture (“Stores”), and their advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
2. PRIZES: There are twenty-five (25) prizes available to be won, consisting of twenty-five (25) $100 Home Hardware Gift Cards with retail value of $100 each (each, a“Prize”). Limit one (1) Prize per person/household.
By accepting a Prize, each declared winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) if the Prize (or a component thereof) does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after being declared a winner in accordance with these Rules to receive (via courier) your Prize. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, complete the survey at the link provided and you will be eligible to receive (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Draw (defined below), subject to compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion).
Limit of one (1) Entry per individual/Account. For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) Account to enter the Contest. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per person/Account during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) Account to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her Entries are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor. Any Entry you attempt to submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not submitted and received during the Contest Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
All Entries and entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest and/or compliance (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees that the entry complies with all conditions stated in these rules. The contest parties will bear no legal liability, expressed or implied, regarding the use of the entry by the contest parties and the contest parties shall be held harmless by the entrant in the event it is subsequently discovered that the entrant has departed from or not fully complied with any of the rules.
4. DRAW: On Thursday September 19, 2019 at 9:00AM ET (the “Draw Dates”) in St. Jacobs, Ontario twenty-five (25) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw (the “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules and each selected entrant will be deemed a potential Prize winner. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. Unselected entries will be eligible for subsequent draws.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION: The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact each potential Prize winner using the information provided at the time of entry within seven (7) business days of the Draw Date. Each potential Prize winner is solely responsible for monitoring his/her email for such notification messages. If a potential Prize winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that potential Prize winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner).
In order to be declared a confirmed Prize winner, each potential Prize winner must first: (a) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within seven (7) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential Prize winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the potential Prize winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by, or on behalf of, the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason, then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner).
All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, Application, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.