Make time stand still for mom this Mother's Day with a gift from the heart created especially for her. Capture a snapshot of a special time and showcase favourite childhood artifacts she will cherish forever.MEMORABLE ART
Display icons of life's special memories in a simple shadow box: from coveted seashells, exotic postcards or earned badges; to rare stamps, unique coins or her first rose. The inspiration is endless for art that is priceless.What you'll need
- Cut the pine with mitred corners to fit the outside dimension of the hardboard. Glue and nail the corners to assemble the frame.
- Glue and nail the hardboard backing to the frame.
- Sand smooth and paint with flat black paint. Let dry.
- Attach the hanger hardware on the back.
- Secure your mementos in position on the frame with hot glue.
MAKE A GREAT IMPRESSION!
Cast a one of a kind original art
What you'll need
- Flatten the Play-Doh to form a pancake shape on parchment paper.
- To make a mould, press the child's hand or foot into the Play-Doh, leaving a good impression.
- Spray the Play-Doh mould with spray paint. Let dry.
- Spray the painted mould with cooking spray. Mix the plaster of Paris to the package directions and pour to cover the entire mould. Let harden.
- Remove the plaster cast from the parchment paper. Pull out the Play-Doh mould. Sand or cut excess plaster to desired shape.
- Secure the cast in position on the frame (frame instructions above) with hot glue.