Makes a 4' x 16' table.
- 2 sheets 4’ x 8’ x 3/4” plywood cut into 32” x 48” pieces
- 3 pieces 2” x 4” x 16’ spruce
Tip: Have your Home Building Centre cut the plywood. This saves time and makes it easier to transport.
Note: This project is easier to do with two people. The following instructions are for working alone.
- Move your existing table to the area where it will be used when extended and cover with a blanket or canvas drop sheet to protect the tabletop.
- Mark the centre of two 2” x 4” pieces.
- Set the first piece of cut plywood on one side of the centre of the table.
- Start a screw through the plywood 2” outside the edge of the existing table.
- With one hand, hold the 2” x 4” at centre under the screw. Screw the plywood and 2” x 4” together.
- Repeat on the other side of the table.
- Attach the remaining pieces of plywood to the 2” x 4” pieces, working from the centre out in both directions.
- Cut legs from the remaining 2” x 4” to match the height of the table. Screw through plywood top to attach.
- Leave the table natural, stain, paint or purchase fabric 54” (or wider) and 12” longer than the length of the table.