Be memorable. Create a chalkboard to greet guests with a note to celebrate the seasons and special milestones.
Beauti-Tone makes fantastic chalkboard paint for less cost - and it's available in thousands of colours. Two coats are recommended for best results.
• Beauti-Tone Chalkboard paint 1824-110/11/12/13
• Chalkboard colour shown: Chambray Blue CH38-4
• yellow Adirondack chair 6411-393
Chalkboard shown measures 24" x 48" (not including frame)
Frame and chalkboard
What you'll need
- Cut channels 1/4" deep x 1/2" wide in the pine (to hold plywood).
- Router 3 edges with 1/2" bit.
- Mitre corners to fit desired size of blackboard.
- Paint or stain frame as desired.
- Attach turn buttons to frame.
- Cut plywood to fit frame. Sand and remove dust before painting.
- Apply two coats of Chalkboard paint, sanding between each coat.
Note: Sanding plywood is required for a smooth finish. If you are hanging the chalkboard inside, Masonite can be used and no sanding is required.
Scarecrow Create a straw creature for your garden that is functional and fun! A scary-easy project the whole family can enjoy.
What You'll Need
- For the body, make wire form as shown in diagram. Secure joints with duct tape.
- For the head, turn compost bag inside out so the writing on the bag doesn't show. Stuff with wax paper or other weather-resistant material to desired size and shape.
- Cut a piece of burlap large enough to cover the head smoothly.
- Attach head at neck with rope and duct tape.
- Build body by wrapping arms, legs, and trunk with straw. Secure straw in place by wrapping with burlap strips and/or jute rope.
- Dress scarecrow as desired. The wire body allows you to pose him, or place on a stand in the garden.