• wood option: 2” x 6” boards laminated together. The length of boards will depend on your mattress size. Shown: 3” x 6” from a mill.
• 2 1/2” zinc braces 2379-143
• interior Minwax wood stain in desired colour, or non-toxic oil for a natural look 4548-181
• sandpaper, coarse, medium, and fine 1061-066/068/069
• industrial beige leather belt 1075-348
• decorative tacks or screws to hold belt in place on wall
• Determine how many boards you need by the desired height and length.
• Locate the studs on the wall where the headboard will be positioned.
• Starting from the highest board, mount zinc braces on all the studs.
• Place board on and secure in place with screws. Continue this to the lowest point of the headboard, just below mattress height.
• Finish as desired.
Optional decorative belt
If you want a darker belt than industrial beige, you can try staining the belt in a desired colour of interior stain. Do a test spot first to ensure you like the effect or visit a tack shop for a larger belt selection.
• Temporarily tack the belt in place on the wall before you start building the headboard. Then wrap the belt around the headboard and attach to the wall with large tacks or screws.