Search and Rescue
Fall is the optimal time to go on a treasure hunt through second-hand shops and yard sales, and to discover toss-aways at the end of driveways. Your discerning eye can realize the hidden potential that lies within the discarded finds. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.Door to Dine
Opportunity is knocking with this simple idea. Turn a French door, or any door, into an extra table that always seems to be needed at Thanksgiving. The legs unscrew for easy storage when not in use.Shopping List
- a discarded door
- glass or lexan, cut to size and recessed for a flat surface
- 11/4" galvanized flanges (8) 3243-243
- 11/4" galvanized pipe (10' cut into four 29" legs), custom threaded at both ends
- Designer Series Cabinet & Furniture paint in desired colour
- Finish the door frame in desired colour (shown: Dark Hue-mor).
- Paint the edge of the door a different colour for a bit of eye candy (shown: Electra-cute). Attach legs, and bon appetit.
* not all Home Hardware stores can custom thread pipe
Dark Hue-mor SC140-3
Chair colours shown: Yellow Polka Dot Bikini SC155-4, Aqua-culture SC164-0, Electra-cute SC137-3
Pane Free Decorating
Refurbish an old window frame into a stylish photo and message centre.
Simply remove any panes of glass, paint the frame a desired colour, cut the cork to size, and fasten the cork to the back of the frame with a stapler. Attach a picture hanger, hang, and enjoy!