It doesn't get much easier or fresher than keeping a handy display of herbs close by your barbecue. You can clip off an herb in seconds to add to marinades, rubs, or to place directly on the grill to infuse flavour. Adjust the length of board to accommodate all of your favourite herbs, or stack boards to create a vertical arrangement. Choose a stain to match your décor, and use coloured marbles for a festive flair. You'll be preparing culinary cuisine in no time!What you'll needTools Materials
- 71/2" rough dressed pine (20")
- Wood Shield Best solid stain 1866-405 (colour shown: Tennis Whites FD018)
- paint brush 1612-400
- 3" x 5/8" zinc mending plates 2379-795
- #8 3/4" wood screws 2174-168
- #64 stainless steel hose clamps (3) 3224-870
- wide mouth mason jars (3) 4448-182
- stones or marbles
- Mark's Choice container mix 5053-500
- Cut and stain wood.
- Attach clamps to wood with mending plates.
- Place stones or marbles in the bottom of a dry jar, followed by the container mix.
- Plant herbs. Although this project may be easier with herb transplants, you can grow your choice of herbs from seeds.
- Secure the jars in place with hose clamps.
- Attach to deck or fence.