An organized home creates a relaxing space to nest. Bring order to busy entranceways by teaming up a RTA (ready-to-assemble) bench with a DIY (do it yourself) wall-mounted coat rack.
The bench provides cushioned seating with cubbies below for shoes, magazines, and sports gear; while the coat rack offers an attractive system for all your hang ups. Being organized never looked more beautiful!What you'll need
- 3 cube storage bench
- fabric storage drawers
- 3/8" spruce sheeting (4' x 8' cut to 35" x 78")
- 1" x 8' outside corner moulding (2)
- 1" x 6" pine (8')
- ceiling cove (8')
- 3 1/2" tongue and groove beadboard strips (10)
- construction adhesive 2030-475
- caulking gun 2034-035
- 1 1/4" finishing nails 2134-069
- coat hooks (4)
- 2 1/2" screws 2174-621
- Beauti-Tone Cabinet and Furniture paint (colour shown: White Smile)
- Cut the plywood to 35" x 78".
- Cut the beadboard strips to 78" lengths. Glue and nail the strips vertically to the plywood.
- Cut a 36 1/2" length of 1" x 6" pine. Glue and nail it flush to the top of the beadboard with a 3/4" overhang on each side.
- Measure from the bottom of the 1" x 6 " pine to the bottom of the beadboard. Cut two pieces of the outside corner moulding to size. Glue and nail both corners in place.
- Measure the width between the corner mouldings. Cut 1" x 6" pine to size. Glue and nail in place for the coat hooks.
- Mitre the corners of the ceiling cove to the front width of 36 1/2", and two 3/4" side widths, flush to the back. Glue and nail in place.
- Paint with Beauti-Tone Cabinet and Furniture paint (colour shown: White Smile)
- Attach coat hooks. Secure the panel to the wall and position the bench in front.