This easy art project is a perfect example of how simplicity is always the best design.Shopping List
- Saman Glaze 1824-290 (extends the drying time of paint)
- 5 to 7 sample cans of latex paint colours that work for your décor.
- Colours shown are from the Beauti-Tone National Parks Colour Collection.
- canvas or 1/2" to 3/4" hardboard cut to size
- clear plastic glasses 6460-244
- drop cloth 1643-210
This project is suitable for all ages.
- Paint the canvas/hardboard with the lightest of your chosen colours. Let dry.
- In clear plastic glasses, pour a mixture of 1 part Glaze to 5 parts paint. Mix together. Repeat for each of your colours.
- Lay your canvas/hardboard flat and randomly pour on your colours. Do not cover the entire surface. Leave some blank areas so your colours don't get muddy.
- Now, the fun part! Pick up your canvas/hardboard keeping it horizontal. If your canvas is large you will need two people to do this.
- Slightly move the canvas slowly in all directions to allow the paint to flow. Continue until the desired effect is achieved.
- Lay flat to dry. Drying may take a few days as Glaze slows the drying time.
Note: Hardboard is heavy, so proper hanging is important. Prepare the back of the hardboard for hanging before beginning to paint.