Vintage, time worn, and antiqued are very popular. The easiest way to get a vintage charm look on fabric is already in your cupboards - tea bags! What you'll needTools
- canvas drop cloth
- tea bags
- painter's tape 1670-757
- 2" and 3" alphabet stencil
- Beauti-Tone paint (black)
- polyester stuffing
- jute rope 5462-181
- Cut canvas to desired size of seat cushion (shown 20" x 15").
- Make a tea bath in your sink with 6 - 8 tea bags. Soak the cut canvas until desired colour is achieved.
- Air-dry and iron smooth.
- Place two pieces together and sew three sides.
- Find centre of cushion and make a line with painter's tape.
- Place the middle (largest) initial, and stencil using the black paint in a dry brush method.
- Stencil the other initials 1/2" from the bottom of middle initial. Let dry.
- Make another strong tea bath in a bowl. With a paintbrush, paint the tea on the cushion in a random pattern to enhance the antique look.
- Stuff the pillows lightly and sew the open side closed.
- Cut six stands of jute 90" long.
- With hot glue, glue the rope strands in pairs. Glue the three pairs together.
- Braid the entire length, and glue the ends together.
- Hot glue the braid around the outside of cushion. Cut the braid to meet the ends, and glue in place.