Is searching for matching earrings or unearthing the ‘perfect something to wear' in a tangled mess of chains and gems a daily frustration? Well, cheer up and look up for a solution that comes from above. Yes, a ceiling tile!What you'll needTools
- Cut the ceiling tile to a desired size using a straight edge and a utility knife.
- Cut the canvas task cloth 6" larger on all sides of the ceiling tile.
- Peel off the plastic backing on the canvas task cloth before ironing the fabric.
- Spray the back of the cloth with adhesive and position on the tile, smoothing and wrapping around to the back side. Pull the cloth taunt and adhere it to the back side of the tile with duct tape. (Note: the back of the tile will be duct tape and cloth; no ceiling tile should show.)
- Paint the tile a desired colour. Stencil a design on the tile.
- Attach the hanger hardware to the back of the tile.
- Cut the fibreglass screen to desired size(s). Make grommet holes in the screen(s) and insert hooks on the tile in places where you will benefit from hanging fibreglass screens over the cloth.
- Insert the screw eyes into the tile to hold earrings in place. Use square bend hooks to hang watches, bracelets, and other jewellery.