Creating whimsical wall art inspired by Scrabble tiles is easy and fun.Shopping List
• 1” x 8” pine (wall tiles)
• 6” fence boards (coaster tiles)
• Beauti-Tone paint: Designer Series Matte
• mini roller kit 1656-225
• stencil brushes 1610-344
• alphabet stencils: 3” 2451-322
, 1” 2451-304
• painter’s tape 1670-130
• hobby knife 1033-410
• sanding sponge 120 grit 1061-067
• picture hangers 2352-689
• artist brush 5495-528
• natural paste wax 1874-751
(coaster tiles)(Note: Shopping list is for wall tiles and coaster tiles)Here’s How
• Create 5” letters by enlarging the 3” stencil 168% on a photocopier. Print on cardstock. Cut out the enlarged letters with a hobby knife and a ruler.
• Cut squares from 1” x 8” pine. (approx. 7 1/2” sq.)
• Sand the tiles and lightly round the edges. Paint the front and 4 sides in a desired colour (shown: In the Black UP77-3). Let dry.
• Paint over with a contrasting colour (shown: Graceful WB004-0). Let dry.
• Mark vertical and horizontal centres on the stencils and painted squares.
• Place the stencils on the tiles matching centre marks. Tape in place.
• Use a dry brush technique to stencil: Place a small amount of stencil colour paint on a disposable plate. (shown: In the Black UP77-3). Load a stencil brush with paint and then wipe most of the colour off onto paper towels or disposable cloths. Apply paint to stencil in a circular motion holding the brush perpendicular to the surface. Let dry.
• Using the 1” stencil, mark the placement of the numbers on the tiles. Tape in place and stencil.
• Sand the edges of the tiles with 120 grit sanding sponge to expose the darker colour underneath. Attach picture hangers to the tile backs.