Build this unique outdoor dining table made with saw horse brackets and a pair of benches with hinged legs designed to fold down for cold weather storage.
Lower rope supports add a nautical detail and keep the legs from splaying apart.
Celebrate your roots by stenciling your family heritage on the tabletop for a personal and decorative detail.
Craft coasters from a cedar post embellished with a maple leaf and wrapped with sisal rope for a nautical look. View video
.What You'll Need Here's How
- Cut coasters from cedar 1' to 1 1/2" thick. Sand smooth.
- Trace the maple leaf pattern on the acetate with a fine black permanent marker.
- Cut stencil with a hobby knife.
- Place the stencil in the centre of the coaster and secure in place.
- Stencil the leaf with the black paint using a dry brush technique. Let dry.
- Coat the entire coaster in dark paste wax, and buff. Apply a second coat to enhance the cedar wood and offer water resistance.
- Cut and hot glue the rope around edges. NOTE: glue only one side at a time and hold in place to set.
- Note: glue only one side at a time and hold in place to set.