Display your true patriot love with flag wall art made from rough sawn pine, or purchase a canvas flag plaque from Home Hardware. Build it or buy it. You choose. View video
.What you'll Need Here’s How
- Cut two 3 FT (1 m) lengths of board then rip in random widths to total 46 cm wide with 3 mm spaces between the boards.
- Cut three straps for the back 12;" x 2" x 18" (13 mm, 5 cm, 46 cm).
- Screw together with 1/8" (3 mm) spaces.
- Mask off white centre section of the flag. Paint with brush allowing some of the pine to show through offering an aged, distressed look. Let dry.
- Mask off the red end sections. Paint with brush allowing some of the pine to show through.
- Trace maple leaf stencil on Bristol board with a fine marker.
- Cut the leaf stencil out using a hobby knife and a metal edged ruler.
- Place the stencil in the centre of the flag with spray adhesive.
- Brush the leaf stencil with the red paint, working from the tips of the leaf to the centre, allowing the pine to show through.
- Attach picture hangers.