What you'll need
- 1" x 2" pine (4' makes a 40" rack)
- 1 1/4" finishing nails 2134-069
- carpenter glue 2020-173
- sandpaper 1233-173
- plastic anchors 2186-697
- screw cap covers 2129-574
- Cut the back rail to the desired length of pine (shown: 40" length).
- Rip the remaining pine in half (1" x 1" pieces), then cut into 2 3/4" lengths.
- Sand all the pieces well.
- Glue and nail the 2 3/4" lengths on the rail, flush to the bottom and space at 3 1/4" intervals.
- Sand again, and leave the pine natural or finish to suit.
To hang: Drill a hole at each end and screw into place. If you are not screwing into wood, use wall anchors to withstand the weight. Cover each hole with a screw cap cover if leaving the pine natural, or use wood filler if staining or painting.