Whether the holidays is just for you and your immediate family or there is an opportunity to include others, a sign that you create with your own personalized message sets the perfect tone.
You can keep it super simple using a piece of plywood cut to shape, or use 1”x 6”x 8’ pine, wood glue and clamps for a more refined rustic look. Either way, you will also want some bead trim and paint.
• If you are using 1”x 6”x 8’ pine choose the size you would like your sign to be. Ours is roughly 18”x32”.
• Cut boards to the length you have chosen.
• Glue boards together to give you the desired height and hold together using pipe clamps.
• Once dry, sand or scrape off glue and sand rough edges. For ease, we suggest painting the main area of the sign before the next step.
• Paint 1” bead trim desired colour. Once dry, cut and trim the edge of sign, attaching with glue and pin nails.
We stained the frame with Wood Shield Boathouse WST08-9 and painted the main area Beauti-Tone FD065-0 White Dew. We then created a stencil but in the spirit of keeping this simple, you could easily freehand your message. Our colours are Beauti-Tone C34-1-1561-3 green on the greens and Beauti-Tone red DR68-3 Looks to Thrill.