- Paint the entire board base colour. Let dry.
- Paint entire board top colour allowing the base colour to show through a bit.
- Create 5” letters by enlarging the 3” stencil 168% on a photocopier. Print on cardstock. Cut out the enlarged letters with a hobby knife and a ruler.
- Find the vertical centre for each of the letters for WELCOME.
- Find the centre of board and mark.Place the Welcome letters matching the centre lines on the board, ensuring there is equal space at the top and bottom of board.
- Tape letters in position. Stencil with base colour, with a dry brush technique.
DRY BRUSH TECHNIQUE:
Place a small amount of stain on a plastic plate, dip the brush in the stain and then wipe off most of the paint on a paper towel.