Create a colourful work of art using the dog patterns provided, or search the internet for silhouettes for your favourite dogs or cats to make it your own.What You'll Need
- 1/8" Masonite board (cut to desired size)
- mini roller kit 1656-225
- craft paint brushes 5712-106 and 5712-115
- Beauti-tone sample cans of desired colours
- colours shown:
Orange: Mexican Spirit B27-1-0984-3
Green: Unforgettable C28-3-1556-3
Turquoise: Cyan Sky C13-3-0681-4
Yellow: Golden Glow B24-3-0814-4
Red: Patriot Love NPC 44-3
Background and noses: Rugged Beauty NPC5-3
Note: For a frameless print, use a stretched canvas available at art supply stores.Here's How
Simply trace, paint
, and hang!
- Enlarge the dog stencils to fit your board. Cut out the silhouette shapes.
- Paint your board a desired background colour using the roller kit.
- Using a pencil, trace the two dogs in the background, then trace the three dogs in the foreground. The foreground dogs will overlap the background dogs.
- Remove the parts of the background dogs that overlap with a damp cloth. This will make it less confusing to paint.
- Using craft paint brushes, paint the foreground dogs first. Let dry.
- Paint the background dogs. Let dry.
- Paint the noses. Note: they are positioned towards the bottom of the ears.
- Paint the collars.
- Frame and hang to enjoy!