Few can resist the allure of lava cake: Break into the baked exterior with your fork and out pours a warm chocolate filling.
Active Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 4-oz ramekins
- Electric mixer
- 8 Tbsp (½ cup) unsalted butter, plus more for ramekins
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, plus more for ramekins
- 6 oz bittersweet baking chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- Fresh raspberries, for serving (optional)
- Small fresh mint leaves, for serving (optional)
- Lightly butter and flour 4 4-oz ramekins, shaking out any excess flour.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler or in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl and using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt on high speed until thickened and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and butter to combine, then quickly fold it into the egg mixture.
- Add 2 Tbsp flour and fold until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on one wire rack and insert the rack into the bottom slot of the Air Fryer+.
- Set to BAKE at 375˚F for 15 minutes and press START.
- When the time expires, carefully remove the ramekins and let the lava cakes cool for 1 minute.
- Carefully invert the cakes on to a plate and serve immediately topped with raspberries and mint, if desired.