Sometimes simple is best, but you can flavor the chicken just about any way you like before cooking it on the spit following the same directions. Trussing the chicken keeps it compact and encourages even cooking.
Active Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 70 minutes Servings: 4
- Twine, for trussing
- 1 3½- to 4-lb whole chicken, giblets removed and tightly trussed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Rub chicken all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the rotisserie spit, securing it with the rotisserie forks.
- Insert spit into the Air Fryer+.
- Set to AIR FRY at 380˚F for 1 hour, then press START and ROTATE.
- When time expires, carefully remove the spit using the fetch tool, and check that chicken is cooked through (165˚F).
- Let chicken rest on spit for 5 minutes before carefully removing it.
- Carve chicken and serve.