Cute as a Button What You'll Need
- favourite fabric cut to size
- large four-hole buttons in desired colour
- cotton twine
- Thread two 18" lengths of white cord through the buttonholes and tie around napkin.
Serve up some festive fare in style with our flag inspired tray. View video
.Shopping List: Here's How
- Cut pine to the 2' lengths and sand.
- Mask off the centre section of the flag with painter's tape. Paint white. Let dry.
- Mask off the two red end sections of the flag. Paint and let dry.
- Trace and cut out the leaf stencil from the Bristol board using a hobby knife and a metal edged ruler.
- Position the leaf stencil in the centre of the flag and secure in place with spray adhesive.
- Stencil the leaf with a dry brush technique. Let dry 24 hours.
- Coat the entire tray with 2 to 3 coats of paste wax.
- Mark the position of the handles on the bottom of the tray. Drill a 1" by 3/4" deep hole with a Forstner bit to countersink the nuts and washers.
- Drill 3/8" holes for the handles and install. Have a rubber mallet handy in case the handle needs gentle persuasion to go through the tray.