This vintage style tote is a versatile vessel for carrying garden tools at home or a portable bar to the beach.
What You'll Need:
- 1" x 12" rough pine (6')
- 1" dowel (2')
- scrap of 1/8" masonite
- Chicago screws 32 x 1" (8) 2210-213
- Beauti-Tone Designer Series Matte: colour: Ebonized and Modernized RI59-3
- Wood-Shield Best Stain: 1866-400: colour: Unforgettable C28-3-1556-3
- Wood-Shield Best Stain: 1866-405: colour: Fuzzy Mitten W012
- brushes 1613-338
- white glue 2020-495
- natural jute 5462-180
- Rip boards to 6" width.
- Cut 2 sides at 18".
- Cut 2 ends at 16". Taper from 6" up to 2" at top.
- Cut 1 bottom at 4" x 18".
- Drill a 1" hole in the ends 1 1/2" down in the centre (dowel hole).
- Nail sides to bottom, and ends to sides.
- Cut dowel to length and insert for handle.
- Stain as desired. Shown: Dry brush Unforgettable. Let dry, then dry brush a whitewash of Fuzzy Mitten over top.
- Coat dowel with white glue and wrap rope around handle. Let dry.
Chalkboard tags and plaque:
- Cut masonite to size. Tags: 4" x 1"; plaque 3 1/2" x 11".
- Apply three coats of Designer Series Matte to each piece. (Designer Series Matte is a very affordable and durable chalkboard paint, available in thousands of colours).
- Drill a hole through the top of tags and string through the jute rope.
- Measure and mark the placement of the plaque. Drill the holes through the plaque and carrier, and secure with Chicago screws.