A drop sheet painted with Beauti-Tone paint or left au naturel is the perfect canvas to create a beautiful design statement.
What You'll Need
What You'll Need
- canvas drop sheet 1643-379
- mini paint roller set 1656-225
- Beauti-Tone: Designer Series Matte
- Clours shown: Unforgettable C28-3-1556-3 and Cyan Sky C13-3-0681-4
- polyester batting and fill
- natural jute twine 5462-181
- cotton cord 1/8"
- Speed-Sew fabric glue 2010-433
- artist paint brush 5495-528
- painters tape 1670-891
- wax paper 4411-495
- coloured chalk
- Cut two pieces of canvas to the desired pillow size plus one inch all around.
- Paint the canvas pieces the desired colour, or leave natural.
- Cut two pieces of batting the same size as the canvas. Sew the batting to the back of each canvas piece.
- Place the right sides of the canvas/batting pieces together, and sew a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving 6 to 8 inches unsewn to allow you to turn the pillow.
- Turn the pillow right side out and iron flat using a damp tea towel.
- Select a script font that you like. Search your computer fonts for great inspiration.
- Determine the length and height of your word. Then, working from the centre of the pillow, mark the bottom, beginning, and end with painters tape. Ensure your lines are level.
- Write your word using chalk that is slightly lighter or darker than the pillow.
- Place a small amount of fabric glue on the waxed paper. With a small artist brush, apply 1'' of glue to the beginning of the first chalk letter. Adhere the cord (one or two strands) to the glue. Continue to brush on glue and attach the cord, inch by inch, until your word is done. Note: For some letters you will have to cut the cord and start again.
- Allow 48 hours to dry.
- Stuff the pillow and slipstitch the opening.
| || |