Serves 4 as a side
Carrots are a healthy side dish that are packed with nutrients. Often people will overcook carrots to the point that their texture becomes mushy. The Kuraidori Precision Cooker produces an evenly cooked vegetable that will not fall apart when serving. Maple syrup can be substituted for the honey for a slight variation.Ingredients
6-8 medium to large sized carrots with stems on
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp honey
1 cinnamon stick
Sea salt to tasteDirections
- Preheat water bath to 183°F
- Remove most of the stem leaving ¼” of it on the carrot. Wash and peel carrots. Peel the carrots so that the green stems come to a point.
- Place the carrots, butter, honey and cinnamon stick into a bag and vacuum seal it or use the water displacement method.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove carrots from the bag. Serve with sea salt and drizzle with honey to taste.