Macerating fruit brings out the intenseness of the natural flavors. The traditional methods of maceration can take hours. For quicker results, place the fruit, sugar and a liquid in a vacuum bag and use the Sous Vide method. In this recipe the strawberries will have the most strawberry taste ever. Use the final product over ice creams, sponge cake or a cheese cake. Your favorite spirit can be used in place of the water if so desired.Ingredients
1 pint fresh strawberries
3 tsp sugar
2 tbsp waterDirections
- Preheat the water bath to 185°F.
- Clean and hull the strawberries
- Place the strawberries, sugar and water into bag and vacuum seal it or use the water displacement method. If using the vacuum method take care not to vacuum out any of the liquid.
- Place the bag into the water bath and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and immediately plunge it into an ice water bath.
- Transfer the macerated strawberries and all the juices to an airtight container, refrigerate or serve immediately over your favorite dessert.