A great dessert to make with the Kuraidori Precision Cooker is individual cheesecake servings. This recipe produces a cheesecake with a traditional texture and not a custard like texture that some recipes produce. Using individual smaller canning jars provide a fun option that allows each person to add their favorite toppings from strawberries to pie fillings. The canning jars also offer an easy means for storage and an air tight seal when cooking.
For the Crust
1/2 package of Nilla Cookies, smashed to a crumble
2 1/2 tbsp white sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
For the Batter
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup whole milk (3.25%)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat the water bath to 185°F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the crumbled Nilla cookies, sugar and butter. Mix all together. There may be some lumps remaining but this is acceptable. This will be used to form the cheese cake crust.
- Take the crust and place it in the bottom of 10 to 12 125ml canning jars. The crust should be pushed down to form a solid base to contain the batter.
- Using a mixer on low speed, add all two packages of cream cheese and the sugar together and run until smooth. Add the milk, eggs (one at a time), sour cream and vanilla extract to the mixer. Once mixed together add the flour and whisk until there are no lumps. Do not over beat.
- Pour the batter into each canning jar, filling it up almost to the top.
- Place lids tightly on the canning jars and place each one into the water bath.
- Cook for 1 ½ hours. Remove from the water bath and let cool.
- Place the jars into the refrigerator and let rest overnight.
- Top each cheesecake with your favorite topping or pie filling and serve.