Serve as a side
Preparing vegetables by using the Sous Vide techniques help contain nutrients and impart flavor into every bite. This Szechuan Style Green Bean recipe is yet another example of this. This recipe contains some spice to it so be careful if spice is not your favorite thing. The sriacha and chili flakes can be reduced or eliminated if heat is an issue.
12 oz green beans
1 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp onion powder
1 tbsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 scallion, chopped
- Preheat the water bath to 183°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beans, sriracha, chili flakes, onion powder, sesame oil and garlic salt. Mix it all together trying to coat the beans evenly.
- Place the beans into a bag and vacuum seal or use the water displacement method.
- Insert the bag into the water bath and cook for 45 minutes up to an hour.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and empty the contents of the bag into a serving dish.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and the chopped scallions. Serve
Kuraidori Sous Vide Precision Cooker
Learn how the Kuraidori Sous Vide Precision Cooker can take your meal to the next level with recipes, tips and FAQs.