Tomato soup prepared using Sous Vide allows for precision and yields consistent results. It is easy to prepare as all you have to do is combine the ingredients into a bag and cook. This recipe offers bold fresh flavors that are normally reserved for restaurant dining experiences.
1 (28 oz) can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
1 cup sweet onion, finely diced
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp garlic salt
½ tsp celery salt
1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
1 cup water
½ cup fresh basil, sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the water bath to 185°F.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, olive oil, sugar, garlic salt, celery salt, red pepper flakes and bay leaves into a large bag.
- Vacuum seal the bag or use the water displacement method if using a resealable bag.
- Place the bag into the water bath and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, open the bag and remove the bay leaves.
- Pour the remaining contents into a blender along with the water.
- Puree until the mixture becomes smooth. This may need to be done in two batches depending on the size of the blender. Take caution when using a blender with hot liquids. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Kuraidori Sous Vide Precision Cooker
Learn how the Kuraidori Sous Vide Precision Cooker can take your meal to the next level with recipes, tips and FAQs.