Stepping-stones are a hot garden trend. Creating your own allows you to express your creativity.
What You'll Need
- Homecrete concrete resurfacing 2622-727 or Homecrete concrete mix 2622-665
- 10" spring form pan 4061-302
- Safety glasses
- Your imagination
- Rubber gloves 4441-358/367/376/385
- Plastic garbage can lids *use for larger stepping stones
- Prepare concrete according to directions. Only mix what is needed.
- Pour into form; jiggle or vibrate to get rid of the air bubbles.
- Check to see when concrete is set enough to put design in. The resurfacing concrete will be less than 30 minutes. The concrete mix takes approximately half an hour to an hour. Time will vary depending on temperature and humidity.
Tips On Concrete:
- To increase concrete strength, slow drying time with a wet cloth after it has set.
- Work the surface with a trowel to push larger stones to the surface.
- (Concrete Mix) Lightly vibrating the concrete while it is wet releases bubbles and floats surface smooth.