Reminiscent of catching fireflies in a jar on a summer's eve, our outdoor chandelier sets the perfect atmosphere for an enchanted evening. What you'll needMaterials
- Cut a piece of jute long enough to go around the neck of the jar plus to tie a knot. Do not tie the jute around the jar neck yet.
- Cut four 40" pieces of jute. Fold each piece in half and tie to the neck rope with full hitch knots.
- Tie the neck rope around the jar, and then space the four ropes evenly around the jar.
- Take one rope from each adjacent pair and tie a square knot at approximately a 45° angle.
- Repeat step 4 all around the jar.
- Move down to create another row, repeating step 4 all around the jar.
- Repeat step 6 to the bottom of the jar.
- At the bottom, tie ends with a square knot and then cut one string off on all four sections.
- Pull the remaining four ropes to the bottom of the jar, and tie together in the centre. Trim loose ends.
- Place the battery pack on the bottom of the jar and distribute the string of lights. A mini adhesive clip on the jar lid will help keep the lights evenly distributed and prevent the lights from falling to the bottom.