Step By Step
This simple log holder can be adapted to any size depending on your needs. The copper will take on a patina over time, and complements any décor.
- Cut all pieces of pipe to size using a pipe/tube cutter, referring to the diagram.
- Clean the ends of the pipe pieces using plumbers' sand paper. Test fit the pieces together.
- Disassemble, and apply flux to the pipe ends and fittings, and solder the joints. Check that the project remains level and square as you proceed. Remove excess flux when finished.
What You'll Need
- ¾" copper pipe 10 ft approx (will depend on the size of your finished piece) 3249-256
- ¾" copper Ts (4) 3240-415
- ¾" copper 90 degree elbows (4) 3240-335
- ¾" copper 90 degree street elbows (4) 3240-380
- solder paste 1139-209
- solder 1139-815
- plumbers' sand paper 3210-750 or emery sanding cloth 1233-374
- tube cutter 8676-756
- measuring tape 1048-716
- propane torch 1145-512
- acid brush 1138-012
- copper cleaning brush 1138-058