Sports inspired night table for your up and coming star!
He shoots, he scores!
Score brownie points with your favourite hockey fan.
What you'll need
- Cut the shelving into four (4) 16" squares.
- Mark a 16" circle on one piece (measure to find the centre of the square, then tie a pencil and a small nail to the ends of a 8" length of string to scribe a circle). Cut the circle with the jigsaw and use it as a template to make the three additional circles.
- Glue and stack the four circles together, alternating the direction of the wood grain.
- Drill eight (8) counter sunk holes around the circle, 2" in from the edge, and fasten with 2 1/2" screws (ensure they do not go through the opposite face).
- Clean off excess glue with a damp cloth. Let dry.
- Sand edge smooth.
- Divide the tabletop into three equal spaces for the leg placements.
- Drill 1 1/4" holes, 2" deep, angled approximately 15 degrees toward the centre.
- Cut the sticks to the desired height of the table. The table shown is 27" high, including the top.
- Tape the sticks in a crossed position and secure by drilling pilot holes through the intersecting points. Fasten with screws that will not go all the way through.
- Fill the holes with resin and paint the top (puck) black.