Decorative and functional, this key holder is sure to touch her heart.What you'll needTools
- Paint the 101/2" x 10" piece black on all sides. Let dry.
- Paint the 6" x 8" piece Best in Snow. Let dry.
- Mix about 2 tbsp of Best in Snow paint into 1/2 cup of drywall compound. Apply a skim coat to the surface of the cream board with a putty knife. Let dry.
- Spray adhesive on the back of the stencil, and position keys on the board as desired.
- Apply a generous coating of drywall compound over the stencil with foam brush.
- Remove the stencil very gently to leave a relief impression of the key.
- Let dry before doing additional keys.
- When all keys are dry, place the stencil over the key relief and stencil on black paint using a dry brush technique.
- Glue the black and cream boards together with epoxy. Let dry.
- Attach mirror clips to hang keys.
- Attach hanger to the back.
Dry brush technique:
Put paint on brush and then dab onto a padding of shop towels to remove most of the paint.