It's all about First Impressions
Create a unique, personalized doormat customized with your choice of wood stain colours. Simple to create and easy to change, this one-of-a-kind piece of art works hard to greet your guests with a great impression.What you'll need
- tape measure 1048-330
- saw 1063-253
- drill press 1334-595
- 1/2" drill bit 1213-902
- soldering iron 1138-215
- paint brush
- 1" x 3" x 12' lumber (2)
- 1/4" cotton sash cord 5462-830
- #5 7/16" hex nuts (24) 2146-021
- Wood Shield Best Solid Latex Stain 1866-405/400
- Benchmark sandpaper 1230-938
- Cut lumber into 11 slats, 22" long.
- Measure and mark 4" from both ends of each slat for drill holes.
- Block and clamp each slat to the drill press table, supported at 90 degrees and centred to the drill bit. Drill holes.
- Sand and stain all sides of the slats as desired.
- Tie a single knot at the end of the rope and burn off excess rope with a soldering iron.
- Place a nut on the rope, and then pull the rope through one end of a slat. Add a nut and then another slat. Repeat until all slats are on the rope.
- Pull the rope tight, add a nut, and tie off with a single knot. Burn off excess rope.
- Repeat the rope assembly on the other end.