Create a decadent table runner and placemats, surely a feast for the eyes. What you'll needTools Materials
- 1/2" hardboard
- Beauti-Tone Designer Series Silk: Main Colour: Green with Envy, stencil colour: Nickel Black SC075 (Oh Canada! Simon Chang Trend Colour Colour Collection. Available October 2012.)
- clear acetate
- black permanent marker 5740-737
- paper towel
- Cut from hardboard: a runner 11" wide x your table length; placemats 11" x 18"
- Round corners and sand edges.
- Paint desired colour.
Dry brush/roller technique.
- Using a marker, trace YUM on the acetate.
- Cut stencil with hobby knife.
- Decide on the position of the YUM on your placemat/runner.
- Spray adhesive on the stencil back and position into place.
- Using a dry brush or roller technique, stencil using a contrasting colour.
Load brush or roller with paint and wipe most of it off on paper towels, then apply to substrate.